Future Pro Tour TECH
About Future Pro "Tech"
The technology available to today's angler is truly amazing. Ol' school anglers often express their dismay at the fact that much in the way of electronics didn't exist in their day, and at times, form conjecture on how much better they could have been had they be given access to today's modern marvels. And, having the latest in “hi-tech” bass fishing equipment is without question one key to successful angling as many spare no expense in buying the best technology on the market.
The question we all have to ask ourselves however is: Are we maximizing the use of this expensive technology we have invested so much money in?
Enter...Future Pro "Tech", a curriculum of hands-on classes specifically designed to help anglers understand today's "high tech" equipment - equipment that has become a necessary part of just about every competitive angler's arsenal. Many anglers own "high tech" equipment, but a great majority are simply not familiar with even the most primary functions of these "pricey" units, and never gain the confidence in, or recognize the effectiveness of, these true modern marvels.
FPT "Tech" classes are FREE and are conducted in a hands-on, classroom format, projected on a HD big-screen TV, with electronic fish finder, and mapping unit simulations available for effective interactive instruction. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis and classes are limited to twenty-five (25) students per class for maximum effectiveness, with each student receiving notepads/study materials, and refreshments.
FPT "Tech" courses are conducted by factory trained professionals in a seminar/lab format, helping students understand what often cannot be understood simply by reading an instruction manual.
Classes are open to all anglers whether you fish for bass, trout, kokanee, or any other species of fish, and information about various brands of electronics will be covered including Lowrance, Garmin, etc, so please know that you will leave with a better understanding of electronics and how it relates to your specific unit.
FPT "Tech" classes feature:
- "Hands on" training on the high-tech electronics, equipment, and tackle you use
- Classes are presented in a lecture/lab format
- No tuition fee
- Quality training as class size is limited to 25 students
FPT "Tech" classes can help you:
- Reduce your learning curve
- Increase your productivity on the water
- Get the most out of your "high tech" equipment
|Tshombe Moore (pictured above)
hosts our NAVIONICS Concepts classes
|Len Vinci host our "Hands-On" Sonar classes|
To view a sample of "Sonar Concepts" instuctional video: Click Here
To view a sample of "Sonar Concepts instuctional video: Click Here
FPT "Tech" class descriptions:
Electronic Chart Navigation - 101 - "Mapping out effective strategies", featuring Tshombe Moore of NAVIONICS Inc.
Students can expect to learn from this course:
- Basic principles of electronic mapping
- Navigating from point A to point B
- Installing mapping chips
- Course plotting
- Storing data/settings
- Data recall
- Map/Software upgrading
Sonar Basics - "Using sonar to find fish", featuring Len Vinci, of Johnson Outdoors.
Student can expect to learn from this course:
- Basic functionality
- Setting alarms
- Resolving noise/interference issues
- Setting Way Points
- Understanding Side Imaging/Down Imaging
- Transducer technology/functionality/rigging
- Downloading software- Offloading stored data
FPT "Tech - Upcoming Classes for 2014
ALL STUDENTS - Please note:
You are required to complete "Basic Level" classes BEFORE you can enroll in the "Intermediate Level" classes.
FPT Tech - Fall Classes
- Thursday, September 25th - "Punching 101" - with Alan Fong - Fisherman's Warehouse - Sacramento
- Seminar begins PROMPTLY at 6pm!
- Saturday, Oct 4th - Basic Sonar Concepts - Len Vinci - Cabral Chrysler/Jeep/Ram of Manteca
- Class begins PROMPTLY at 4:00pm!
- Saturday, Oct 4th - Navionics 101 - Tshombe Moore - Cabral Chrysler/Jeep/Ram of Manteca
- Class begins PROMPTLY at 10:00am!
Cabral Chrysler/Jeep/Ram is located at 1145 W. Yosomite Ave Manteca (209)-823-1148